INSPIRATIONS

Today I thought I'd post- rather 'free spiritedly' given that it is 03:50am- my top five inspirations. Why? Because I was feeling inspired to...

FIRST OFF: PATSY STONE
I'm shamefully in ore of her devotion to alcohol and her dedication to keeping a cigarette alight, need I mention her overly sprayed beehive and sinful red lips. But what I love most about Patsy Stone is her "I don't give a f*ck attitude". The way in which her character is juxtaposed is just, well, awesome. She dresses impeccably glamorous and yet is the type to reject a glass and 'neck it from the bottle'. Why waste time?

RAQUEL WELCH
Well it's a given, she's SMOKING. I'm in love with her "womanly" attributes, especially as now they aren't so widely appreciated. For me, she's inspirational in the way that she looks and carries herself. Beauty is enhanced by confidence and that is something that Raquel Welch, even now, embraces. There's nothing sexier than a striving, beautiful woman. 

VICTORIA BECKHAM
Not only did she MAKE the knock-out that is David Beckham the beautiful man he is today, she is the epitome of chic. Her label, her personal style and her concrete pout are impeccable. If it's one person's wardrobe I'd steal, it would be her's... After I lose 8398753lbs that is!

GWEN STEFANI
Well Gwen Stefani in the '90s. Need I say any more? First off, she rocked the buns way before the likes of train-wreck Miley Cyrus. But what I love the very most about Gwen Stefani during that era is her "shamelessly grunge" phase. Blue hair, the chains, the chokas, the Stephen Sprouse crops... It was beautiful. As is she, even 'til this day (post-baby). No Doubt will forever be on my Spotify playlist. 

MARIANNE FAITHFULL
With or without Jagger, she's dynamite. I admire her honesty probably the most, actually. Every article/interview I read, she's truthful- about her past anyway. I particularly like people who aren't afraid to be open about their pasts and speak their minds; it's a difficult thing, especially for someone as famous as Marianne. For that reason she's cool as f#ck... And, of course, she too was another BEAUT. 


SONG OF THE DAY:
Bag Raiders- sunlight



0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

MEET THE AUTHOR

BONJOUR, I'm Jessie. Currently a fashion student living in London, and I am dreaming BIG.